【What Can I Hold You With】博尔赫斯:我给你一个从未有过信仰的人的忠诚

您所在的位置:网站首页 我给你一个从未有过信仰的人的忠诚的意思 【What Can I Hold You With】博尔赫斯:我给你一个从未有过信仰的人的忠诚

【What Can I Hold You With】博尔赫斯:我给你一个从未有过信仰的人的忠诚

2023-11-06 18:19| 来源: 网络整理| 查看: 265

BGM: Moon Ghosts --Michael Hoppe

歌曲推荐: Bulletproof --Griffin Oskar

选自博尔赫斯《英文诗两首 Two English Poems》,是献给贝阿特丽斯 · 比维洛尼 · 韦伯斯特 · 布尔里奇的两首情诗。

八卦小科普:贝阿特丽斯 :阿根廷社交名媛,博尔赫斯的好友,曾受博尔赫斯倾慕,但对其态度平平。她曾对博尔赫斯说:「就像你对结交诗人和作家感兴趣一样,我对认识有钱人感兴趣」。此诗写于 1934 年,应当正处在博尔赫斯与她的友谊期内,此时贝阿特丽斯 32 岁,已为人母八年。

今天分享的是第二首,也算是为即将到来的情人节助个兴~

What can I hold you with?

我用什么才能留住你?

【阿根廷】豪尔赫·路易斯·博尔赫斯 ‖王永年 译

I offer you lean streets, desperate sunsets, the moon of the jagged suburbs.

我给你贫穷的街道、绝望的日落、破败郊区的月亮。

I offer you the bitterness of a man who has looked long and long at the lonely moon.

我给你一个久久地望着孤月的人的悲哀。

I offer you my ancestors, my dead men, the ghosts that living men have honored in marble:

我给你我已死去的先辈,人们用大理石纪念他们的幽灵:

My father's father killed in the frontier of Buenos Aires, two bullets through his lungs, bearded and dead, wrapped by his soldiers in the hide of a cow;

在布宜诺斯艾利斯边境阵亡的我父亲的父亲,两颗子弹射穿了他的胸膛,蓄着胡子的他死去了,士兵们用牛皮裹起他的尸体;

My mother's grandfather--just twenty-four, heading a charge of three hundred men in Peru, now ghosts on vanished horses.

我母亲的祖父——时年二十四岁——在秘鲁率领三百名士兵冲锋,如今都成了消失的马背上的幽灵。

I offer you whatever insight my books may hold, whatever manliness or humour my life.

我给你我写的书中所能包含的一切悟力、我生活中所能有的男子气概或幽默。

I offer you the loyalty of a man who has never been loyal.

我给你一个从未有过信仰的人的忠诚。

I offer you that kernel of myself that I have saved somehow-the central heart that deals not in words, traffics not with dreams and is untouched by time, by joy, by adversities.

我给你我设法保全的我自己的核心——不营字造句,不和梦想交易,不被时间、欢乐和逆境触动的核心。

I offer you the memory of a yellow rose seen at sunset, years before you were born.

我给你,早在你出生前多年的一个傍晚看到的一朵黄玫瑰的记忆。

I offer you explanations of yourself, theories about yourself, authentic and surprising news of yourself.

我给你你对自己的解释,关于你自己的理论,你自己的真实而惊人的消息。

I can give you my loneliness, my darkness, the hunger of my heart; I am trying to bribe you with uncertainty, with danger, with defeat.

我给你我的寂寞、我的黑暗、我心的饥渴;我试图用困惑、危险、失败来打动你。



【本文地址】


今日新闻


推荐新闻


CopyRight 2018-2019 办公设备维修网 版权所有 豫ICP备15022753号-3